Monday, August 31, 2015

Batman Arkham Origins

Batman Arkham Origins has a lot of the same feel as Arkham City: fun brawling mechanics, massive cityscape, and unique characters. Two differences standout to me with Arkham Origins 1) There is a darker undertone in this game that gives it a sort Max Payne feel, 2) Greater emphasis is put on the refined detective mode. I would play an entire game built around this detective mode alone.

All that said, I don't see myself playing Batman: Arkham Knight anytime soon. These last two games were similar enough to make me feel as if I've had enough of the series. Plus, I think maybe the super hero mania that has swept my generation over the last decade has turned me off from the genre a bit. This is not to say I don't appreciate what the folks at WB have put together. Their unique fighting mechanics stand out to me in all of their games (see Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor). I think I'm just ready for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment